Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Transition from 931 to 139

Tuesday I was able to finish up removing all the parts needed from #931 and get it outside off the lift. Here's pretty much everything needed to reassemble #139 into a running car, other than a good T3T4 turbo:

Then I rolled 139 onto the lift and started removing everything on the underside: driveshaft, rear subframe and diff/axles, heat shield, parking cables, steering rack subframe, rack, control arms, shocks, brakes, hubs. That put me to here:  


I still need to pull the fuel tank, rear brake lines, -8 fuel line, and the rear bumper support. Then I want to go at all the little rust spots with a wire wheel, wash the bottom, and go at it with a new layer of undercoating or paint.  

Then need to start getting the rear subframe cleaned and painted, then reinstalled with the 4bolt diff. Debating getting a rebuilt dsm steering rack now while it's apart since that is such a pita to change a year down the road. Also have to get going on the motor work and a new turbo before I can do much on the front end. But anyway, progress is happening. Im hoping to have the car together and on the road by the end of June.



No comments: